E3 2014: Nintendo’s E3 Direct Video
E3 2014 is upon us and Game Tangents has you covered for all of the latest news and announcements from gaming’s biggest annual event. Please check back here throughout the day to keep up-to-date for the latest announcements from Nintendo. This post will be updated as news starts to trickle out. Also, listen to our special E3 podcasts about our impressions of the press conferences from the first day of the show. Happy E3!
- Mii Fighters, cartoonish, personalized caricatures, will be available to select as yout fighter in Super Smash Bros. Wii U. Like with Skylanders, Nintendo has introduced figurines of Nintendo characters called “Amiibos” that when pressed upon the Wii U Pad, will introduce new characters or character attributes into games like Super Smash Bros. Wii U, and Mario Kart 8.
- Yoshi’s Wooly World is a game that resembles Kirby’s Epic Yarn, and will be out 2015.
- The new Legend of Zelda game for Wii U will feature an open-world environment. A teaser was shown and the game is due out in 2015.
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire for 3DS were shown and are coming Nov. 21st.
- Bayonetta 2 will now feature the complete first game, and will have a Link costume for Bayonetta herself.
- You can play as Link, Zelda, Midna, and others in Hyrule Warriors. Coming Sept. 26th.
- Kirby’s Rainbow Curse is coming to Wii U in 2015.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming to Wii U in 2015.
- Splatoon is an 8-player third-person shooter involving ink guns from the guys working under Shigeru Miyamoto.
- The show ended with the announcement of a new character, Goddess Palutena, for Super Smash Bros. Wii U.
- IGN reports Itagaki’s Devil’s Third is now a Wii U exclusive; it is an over-the-top, vulgar third-person action/shooter game with sword fighting.